viernes, 24 de diciembre de 2010
1. Who plotted the "Motín de Aranjuez"? Why?
2. The "Afrancesados" could be seen as good willing spaniards who wanted the modernization of the country or traitors who collaborated with the french invaders. What do you think? Traitors or progressives?
3. Name the main "Guerrilleros" mentioned in the documentary.
jueves, 9 de diciembre de 2010
Originally developed in the early to mid nineteenth century by two German émigrés living in Britain, Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, Marxism is based upon a materialist interpretation of history. Taking the idea that social change occurs because of the struggle between different classes within society who are constantly competing to improve their conditions, the Marxist analysis leads to the conclusion that capitalism, the currently dominant form of economic management, leads to the oppression of the proletariat, who not only make up the majority of the world's populace but who also spend their lives working for the benefit of the bourgeoisie, or the wealthy ruling class in society.
To correct this inequality between the bourgeoisie, who are the wealthy minority, and the proletariat, who are the poorer majority, Marxism advocates, and believes in the historical inevitability of, a proletarian revolution, when the proletariat take control of government, and then implement reforms to benefit their class, namely the confiscation of private property which is then taken under state control and run for the benefit of the people rather than for the interests of private profit. Such a system is socialism, although Marxists believe that eventually a socialist society would develop into an entirely classless system, which is known as communism in Marxist thought.
viernes, 3 de diciembre de 2010
jueves, 25 de noviembre de 2010
Most notably, average income and population began to exhibit unprecedented sustained growth. In the two centuries following 1800, the world's average per capita income increased over 10-fold, while the world's population increased over 6-fold.
Starting in the later part of the 18th century there began a transition in parts of Great Britain's previously manual labour and draft-animal–based economy towards machine-based manufacturing. It started with the mechanization of the textile industries, the development of iron-making techniques and the increased use of refined coal. Trade expansion was enabled by the introduction of canals, improved roads and railways.
1- List the Pros & Cons of the Industrial Revolution.
2- According to the Video, describe the child labour conditions in the mills of New England in the 1830's.
lunes, 15 de noviembre de 2010
He used balance-of-power diplomacy to keep Europe peaceful in the 1870s and 1880s. He created a new nation with a progressive social policy, a result that went beyond his initial goals as a practitioner of power politics in Prussia. Bismarck, a devout Lutheran and loyal to his king, promoted government through a strong, bureaucracy with a hereditary monarchy at the top.
1- Why does Bismarck say it is only outside Prussia that they can strengthen their position inside Germany?
2- What's the Realpolitik?
miércoles, 3 de noviembre de 2010
TRABAJO EJES CRONOLÓGICOS 1ª EVALUACIÓN
- Se organizarán grupos de trabajo para la confección de una herramienta historiográfica de importancia capital: el Eje Cronológico.
- Cada grupo deberá trasladar a una cartulina mural cada uno de los ejes propuestos por el profesor. Los contenidos textuales pueden imprimirse desde un procesador de textos y las imágenes ilustrativas pueden ser obtenidas en Internet. Se espera que el grupo respete las proporciones y la escala del eje propuesto.
- La calificación del trabajo se compartirá entre los miembros del grupo y constituirá el 20 % de la nota de la primera evaluación.
- Los integrantes de cada grupo se repartirán equitativamente el trabajo en funciones y tiempo: redacción e impresión de los contenidos textuales, trazado de las líneas y ejes, coloreado de las franjas etcétera. Se invita a poner en conocimiento del profesor los nombres de aquellas personas que no compartan el peso y las responsabilidades del trabajo de forma justa.
- La fecha límite de entrega de los trabajos será el 17 de diciembre de 2010.
- 4ºESO A: Los trabajos se repartirán en 3 grupos de 3 personas y 1 grupo de 4 en función de las dimensiones y contenidos del eje cronológico.
RENACIMIENTO ESPAÑA 3 PAX.
RENACIMIENTO FRANCIA 3 PAX
RENACIMIENTO INGLATERRA 3 PAX
RENACIMIENTO ITALIA 4 PAX
- 4ºESO B:
Los trabajos se repartirán en 5 grupos de 4 personas y 2 grupos de 3 en función de las dimensiones y contenidos del eje cronológico.
RENACIMIENTO ESPAÑA 4 PAX.
RENACIMIENTO FRANCIA 4 PAX
RENACIMIENTO INGLATERRA 4 PAX
RENACIMIENTO ITALIA 4 PAX
4 PAX SPAIN
FRENCH REVOLUTIÓN 3 PAX
3 PAX FRANCE
Napoleon was born in Corsica to parents of minor noble Italian ancestry and trained as an artillery officer in mainland France. Bonaparte rose to prominence under the French First Republic and led successful campaigns against the First and Second Coalitions arrayed against France. In 1799, he staged a coup d'état and installed himself as First Consul; five years later the French Senate proclaimed him emperor. In the first decade of the 19th century, the French Empire under Napoleon engaged in a series of conflicts—the Napoleonic Wars—involving every major European power. After a streak of victories, France secured a dominant position in continental Europe, and Napoleon maintained the French sphere of influence through the formation of extensive alliances and the appointment of friends and family members to rule other European countries as French client states.
The French invasion of Russia in 1812 marked a turning point in Napoleon's fortunes. His Grande Armée was badly damaged in the campaign and never fully recovered. In 1813, the Sixth Coalition defeated his forces at Leipzig; the following year the Coalition invaded France, forced Napoleon to abdicate and exiled him to the island of Elba. Less than a year later, he escaped and returned to power, but was defeated at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. Napoleon spent his last six years in confinement by the British on the island of Saint Helena.
And now... Was Napoleon a great statesman or a crazy dictator? What do you think ...?
miércoles, 27 de octubre de 2010
viernes, 22 de octubre de 2010
Congress approves the Declaration of Independence, brilliant scene from John Adams mini-series.
martes, 19 de octubre de 2010
miércoles, 13 de octubre de 2010
It is the story of the Marquise de Merteuil and the Vicomte de Valmont, two rivals (and ex-lovers) who use sex as a weapon to humiliate and degrade others, all the while enjoying their cruel games. It has been claimed to depict the decadence of the French aristocracy shortly before the French Revolution, thereby exposing the perversions of the so-called Ancien Régime. However, it has also been described as a vague, amoral story.